ON TEMPORARY HIATUS

As I am currently enmeshed in an ongoing battle with depression and negativity, I decided to move to a different blog to focus on that, leaving this "Ride" temporarily. I'd rather rant and rave there, then ruin the "Enjoy the Ride" ambiance here. If you'd like to join my dark cloud, you can request to be added to my "Happiness is Not a Choice" blog.

February 13, 2011

Happiness...

Happy Valentine's Day!




Since The  Hubs never reads my blog, I can safely post this, even though he hasn't received it yet.  I made it for him tonight (yes, I'm a last-minute Lucy) while he was sitting less than 10 feet away from me watching TV.  I love doing things like that, when he has no idea what I'm doing!  :)

It's a little explosion book, that I've seen done but have never attempted until now.  While I was browsing around my newly cleaned-out Google Reader, I was enticed over to Paper Turtle where, at the time, Deb was showing a mini-book she'd made for her husband.   I browsed down a few posts and saw her tutorial for this explosion book, and decided it was perfect for a little mini-book Valentine for my Hubs this year.  Thanks Deb, for the inspiration and the push to make this.

I'd show you the insides, but by the time I was done, I had already written all my little love notes inside and, well, I guess they're just for his eyes only.  I'll let you just imagine...

I hope you share some love with someone special in your world today!

4 comments:

  1. Kai, that is so CUTE! I love it and I'm sure your DH will too.

    Thanks for the note about the instructions on Deb's blog. I will go and look (must have missed that post)

    Happy Valentine's Day to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I am SO happy that you used my tutorial to make an explosion book! Knowing that at least one person made one makes the tutorial process worth it for me. haha! :o) I just love the colors you used too.

    I had to laugh when I read that you put it together with him close by. My husband has learned not to ask - but he always does appreciate when I show him the final product. Well done, you!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say. Thank you for sharing yourself with me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails